If you are considering offering outplacement services (career coaching for transitioning employees), please use the Contact Us form on this page or call (781) 646 2900.
Why companies offer outplacement services to employees in transition :
Career experts keep track of the changes in job searching tools and best practices and help a transitioning employee go out into the job market with a best foot forward.
A career coach can help shape the story of the transition for interviews and networking.
The transitioning employee gets a partner in the job search to help keep forward motion toward something new, and a strategic sounding board for career ideas.
The transitioning employee gets a new resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letters and interviewing practice.
Our outplacement services can be customized to your company’s budget, and can cover any or all of the following:
1) Job Search materials
- Resume- a coach helps you write/edit and enhance your resume using up-to-date resume tips
- LinkedIn development- acoach will review and suggest changes (including when/how to post content related to your target opportunity)
- Bio- if you need one
- Networking emails- help crafting an email to contacts
- Cover “letter”- (typically an email these days)
2) Networking Plan
- Networking Plan Document, summarizing what work would be appealing, with target companies & roles
- LinkedIn coaching, helping best use the most powerful tool in job seeking these days
3) Interviewing & Networking Coaching
- Interviewing approaches/ Q&A prep
- “Elevator Pitch” and advice on how to network
4) Open-Access Support during the outplacement period
- Once-a-week email summary on the week’s opportunities/questions etc.
- Phone check-ins at least weekly, but more as needed depending on opportunities that arise
- Ongoing support for how to approach specific roles/people